Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goodbye

The memory of Taylor leaving me at the station in Oldton-By-The-Sea is firmly rooted in my mind as if it had been yesterday. I knew it was the final goodbye and after months of being secretly unhappy it was finally time to move on. It was sad and I felt terrible but it just wasn’t meant to be.

‘Don’t go’ Taylor begged, as if he sensed that heartache was ahead. ‘Don’t make this any harder’ I said softly, my head on Taylor’s shoulder, I should have been feeling broken hearted after a pretty fantastic four and a half years with one of the most amazing people I had ever meet but instead I felt a nervous sense excitement. I broke away from his embrace and stepped onto the train, it was time to leave. I heaved my rucksack onto an empty chair and sat down next to it. The train pulled out of Oldton and towards London Liverpool Street, I waved at Taylor until I could no longer see him. It was the end of an era but there was so much to look forward to.

The first thing on the list was to find somewhere to live...

No comments: