Thursday, February 4, 2010

The search goes on...

I hopped off the tube at Putney and exited the station. Joe wasn’t there so I got my compact out and checked my face and hair. My phone beeped: Be there in 2. I sat down on a bench in the sun to wait. This was the first time we'd seen each other since the 'incident' at Easter and although I knew it would be ok, I was nervous. There was also the fact that, officially, me and Taylor were still together. He walked round the corner and I smiled, he gave me a massive hug ‘Good to see you’. He smelt amazing.

‘Are you sure you don’t mind doing this?’ I asked as I consulted my map for about the eightieth time. ‘Of course not, I’m quite interested actually.’ We walked down an alley in the direction of flat number five. After getting vaguely lost a few times we arrived outside a grand looking building, defaced with scaffolding. I pressed the doorbell for flat 04 and waited with anticipation. I couldn’t even remember which flat this viewing was for...

A small bald man answered the door and stuck out a tiny hand introducing himself as Charles. We shook it in turn and he showed us into the flat. It was big and very clean and tidy. He led us to the living room and we sat on the sofa in the big red and green room.

‘So this is my place,’ he began. Definitely gay I thought. He started talking and talking and talking... An hour passed and we hadn’t moved. Joe shifted uncomfortably on the sofa. Charles opened a cupboard to show us his extensive DVD collection and I decided enough was enough. ‘Um so do you mind if I see the rest of the house?’ I enquired...

No comments: